9.4.08

Our First Bonfire

One Friday afternoon a few weeks ago Ben and I decided to go on a little adventure. It was one of the first warm days (o.k. it was above 40 degrees NOT including the wind chill) of the year and we really wanted to go do something outside. We decided the best way to spend the evening would be to make tin foil dinners and cook them on a bonfire. So I got the dinners ready and then we headed to the park. On the way we stopped by a Chinese restaurant where Ben had spotted some wooden crates. He insisted we strap two of them to the top of the car...yes, we are most definitely too cheap to buy campfire wood. When we arrived at the park Ben started up the bonfire.

I was freaked out that we were going to burn the entire park down since it was so windy. Ben reassured me that he was an expert bonfire builder. He was right. We survived...and so did our tin foil dinners. Yum!




3 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

I LOVE Tin foil dinners---these are the best dinners ever!!! ANd especially with a real campfire, oh my you guys have really had a rough winter if it's still in the 40's there--- Glad we're coming in September and not March :)

Megan Holdaway said...

Ha! That is so funny. You guys are my favorite!

Erin said...

Bonnie I can atest to you being in good hands, especially when it comes to bonfires. Looks like a lot of fun you two!

-Sam