1.6.08

Summer Surprises

Up until about eight days ago Ben and I had been planning on spending the summer in Washington D.C. We had even packed up our apartment and driven our fully-loaded car to Washington D.C.

Prior to starting work in D.C. we went to a family reunion in Midway, Utah. Ben's parents had just finished building a house there.

After hanging out with his family for a week Ben was unexpectedly given an opportunity to take a summer law clerk position with Tesch Law offices in Park City. It seemed like a great opportunity so we decided to stay.

As for me there weren't a whole lot of options in Park City or Heber for an MPA student looking for paid work for 2.5 months very last minute. I was lucky enough to come across an organization looking for help with their summer camp. When they offered me a summer position I was happy to accept. Lets just say I am not complaining about leaving the office work to Ben this summer. I am more than happy to play with kids all summer and work on my tan.

10 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

Your life is a dream!

Deb said...

Shut up! You're here?! I am sooooo excited! We're going to Disneyworld on Saturday for a week, but after that I'm totally free to come up and see you. I can't wait! Holy cow, I've missed you.

Karen said...

Yeah!! You updated your blog before you get busy with work. Be sure and remind everyone that your birthday is Saturday and you love presents! Presents make girls feel loved and appreciated, right? OK OK I'm on my way to mail your's right now! mom

Unknown said...

Hey Bonnie! It was good to talk to you today. I am SO glad that you guys are lovin' life and that everything worked out the way it was supposed to--kinda funny how life does that ;)

Unknown said...

I am so glad that everything worked out and you ended up getting something Bonnie, We can't wait to meet up with you guys in Utah, it will definetly be nice to see a familar face!! See ya Soon!!

lindsi said...

I'm so glad you are here for the summer! We need to plan some fun stuff to do together. Oh, and thanks again for the fun BBQ, it was so good to all get together and hang. And last but not least....Happy Birthday my friend! Hope you have a wonderful day...you deserve it!

PS. Sorry this is so long...but Sara is coming to Utah next weekend for Father's Day...maybe we could get together?

Meli said...

thats awesome bonnie! see! things always work out!

htasker said...

Hey Ben and Bonnie! So fun to hear you are staying in Utah for the summer! I just started a blog, but decided to go private on it after Scott was concerned about strange people being able to see names and pictures of our kids, so send me your email address and I'll send you an invite!

We should get together while you guys are around. Are you coming to the reunion?

Heather
htasker@comcast.net

levi said...

hi bonnie, i am excited you will be in utah this summer. if i am there in the area we should get together.

Karen said...

We want an update on your blog!!! Pictures, please!!