11.7.08

Kacher Family Reunion

One of the benefits of living in Utah this summer was an opportunity to be fully initiated into the Kacher Family! The process included....
#1 Hiking fourteen miles to our campsite
#2 Jumping into freezing lost lake
(I didn't actually do this...maybe next time)
#3 Three days using the family "home-made" latrine
(Its a good thing my sisters didn't marry into this family)
#4 Surviving a game of Sow
(Basically a game where you hit each other with sticks)
#4 Giving a Sunday "talk" during church in the woods

We took this picture around mile number five.

I was so happy when we finally reached the top of the hike. Not because I was tired but because I was thirsty. We had hiked five miles with only one water bottle between the three of us.

Ben called this spot the top of the world. It definitely felt like it!

4 comments:

The Green-Eyed Girl said...

Nice! Where were you? Which part of Utah?

Karen said...

I'm so glad you're having a fun summer. Can you imagine being in DC this whole time working in an office? This is what summer is made for...playing in Utah or Washington.

the Pearce Place said...

well I guess you're officially in, now that you've really experienced all that :) I hope you enjoyed it!!!! Maybe one year we'll all make it there at the same time.

Justin and Tiffany Walker said...

I found you! Well, I guess you had found me first since we're on your blog listing. I need to put you on ours now! We're a little slow with the updating sometimes, but we get there. Looks like things are going REALLY well for you...so happy to hear that:) Your in-laws have an incredible home...and I remember the days when you thought my 98 Honda Civic was really nice:) Love ya!