5.11.08

Happy Birthday Ben!

This year we celebrated Ben's 28th birthday on Halloween....three days before his real birthday on November 3rd. We had a great party and the bishop's wife made Ben this awesome "Happy Birthday" pumpkin. It was really cool and incredibly thoughtful!

This year I found an awesome recipe for a chocolate cake at epicurious.com. Unfortunately, my final product looked more like a giant mud pie than the mouth watering image they advertised.


Their Cake: My Cake:

Although my cake left something to be desired in terms of appearance....it tasted fabulous and everyone seemed to enjoy it. In the end only this one small piece remained.


5 comments:

Michelle said...

It was a lot of fun and the cake was delicious! Thanks for inviting us!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I remember celebrating with you guys last year! Wow how time flies!

Karen said...

The true measure of a cake is if it gets eaten! The true measure of a man is if someone loves him enough to bake him a cake from scratch!

The Tolboe family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN. The cake looks amazing. You did the best you could. I know... because I have been there. Good job. We miss everyone. It is great to see updates on how our friends are doing. We still are hoping you can come our way for Thansgiving.

Brianna said...

All that matters is the taste. I would eat it.