7.12.08

Penne Rustica

Last week Ben started studying for finals. Everyday since then he has been at his desk studying from as early as 8am to as late as 11pm. In fact, yesterday we went to the ward Christmas party and it was the first time he had been outside in over 48 hours. Watching him work so hard everyday makes me feel bad that I can't share the burden of studying with him (I finished my finals on Thursday). As a result, I told Ben on Thursday that I'll be in charge of all the cooking and cleaning until he finishes his exams.

Tonight for dinner I made Ben one of his favorite restaurant meals. It called Penne Rustica and its from Macaroni Grill. I found the recipe online and I was so excited after I made it to discover that it actually tasted like the real thing!!!!! Unfortunately I realized why it tastes so good....its full of about 100 grams of fat and 10,000 calories.

11 comments:

April Bishop said...

nice work! way to take care of the hubby. why must all things delicious also be full of fat and calories?

Karen said...

Good work! One of Ben's favorite things...food :) and lots of it. Oh, to have such a metabolism!

Rob and Juliann said...

Good job! Now you can make it for us when you come for Christmas!

Karrie Shepro said...

Since when did you turn into such the cook?!? Hopefully studying burns lots o calories. Go see Twilight again if you get really bored. It's better the second time.

Brenda Sue said...

You should post the recipe on Roberta's recipe blog!

melancholyjune said...

LOVE PENNE rustica! i think i knew that recipe from online. you're a sweet wife! i enjoyed our short visit today! see yA!

lindsi said...

What a good little wife you are!!! Oh, and I want that recipe...one of my favorite things at the Macaroni Grill!!!

Cort said...

Holy smokes!!!! That is also my favorite dish at Macaroni Grill! That was my first job. I'm glad I do not work there because I would weigh like 300 lbs. I'm totally impressed.

Michelle said...

Sounds yummy! What's the recipe?

Brianna said...

Now I will never be able to eat there again. 10,000 calories!

the Pearce Place said...

I just discovered this post! It's actually Tyler and I's favorite meals at Mac grill as well, AND we have also attempted to cook it. Actually our aunt Kari made it for us one time when she was visiting. DIdn't know we had that in common with Ben!