28.12.09

Arabian Safari

Yesterday we went on an Arabian safari through the desert. Akmud was our tour guide. He drove us all over the desert like a maniac....and before you ask, "no....we did not bring Paije on this adventure." I was amazed the car didn't flip right over.After dunn bashing through the desert we stopped at a caravan for dinner. We got to sit on the ground and enjoy a buffet of local Middle Eastern dishes. During the dinner a belly dancer performed. We also got to go on our first camel ride. Can you tell by our faces how much we enjoyed it?
We also go to dress up like a local couple.As you can see, I blend right in with the night sky. Believe it or not those are my eyes. Me and Nelli also got hena tattoos. Pretty cool.










9 comments:

Karen said...

What a riot!! Thanks for leaving Paije home! Just remember, if you kill yourselves being wild and crazy, I get her!! (OK Pauline and I will share.) Lauren says salt water will make the henna disappear sooner.

Karrie Shepro said...

Are flip-flops the recommended footwear when riding a camel?

Robyn DeGaetano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn DeGaetano said...

Y'all is crazy!! What an amazing adventure, though - so cool!

the Pearce Place said...

Finally pictures of the middle east! It took flying you guys out there for me to see what it's like. Thankyou for posting!!!

sara said...

um...so I'm confused. I am sure I missed the explanation about why in the world you are everywhere in the world, but I would love some info.

The Tolboe family said...

We miss you guys so much. Paige is sure growing up. Happy New year! It sounds like you guys are having a blast there. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Carla and crew said...

I rode an elephant in Sri Lanka - I'm sure it was nicer than riding a camel!

beth white said...

Yes! You rode a camel! Isn't it terribly weird when getting off the camel? It lowers itself head first so you feel like you're going to fall forward! That is what I remember anyway. These pictures are amazing -what a blast! It doesn't get much better than dolphins swimming alongside your boat - sounds unforgettable. I'm so happy you are having so much fun! Give Paije a kiss for me- she looks so precious in her blessing dress. seriously love the photo w/ the flower on her head.