25.7.09

The IRS

Yesterday I finished my third week of work at my new job at the Office of Chief Counsel for the IRS. The entire Chief Counsel is made up of about 2,500 employees. Most of whom are attorneys, with about 700 support staff.

I was hired by the finance and management division at the national office. My position is a 2 year fellowship. I will rotate to multiple departments within Finance and Management, in 6 month increments. After the two years they will permanently place me in a department. My first assignment is in HR, training. They handle all of the employee training for the chief counsel. Last week they sent me to Florida to help with a basic trial course that they run for new attorneys. It was a lot of fun! Everyone in my office is incredibly nice and its been interesting to get a window into the world of tax attorneys. Ben has been great for answering any legal questions I have.

Outside of my building


View from my morning commute

Views from my hotel in Jacksonville, Florida


3 comments:

The Tolboe family said...

Wow, you are living the life. That is so fun. I really admire you for what you are doing. You go, girl!

Carla and crew said...

what a cool job! You seem to have incredible opportunities...and to think you get to be a MOM, too!!! Way to go!

Kristi the Book Lady said...

That sounds like such an exciting job and place to be!! It seems like everyone is moving on and doing great things - while we're still stuck here in Syracuse! jk :) Hope everything goes well for you guys and your baby!!