25.7.09

Our New Life in Washington DC

I realized it had been a long time since I last posted when Ben said to me, "So...are you ever going to post on the blog again?"

I guess somewhere between finishing my masters, graduating, helping Ben get ready for the bar, moving to a new state, starting a job, and growing a baby, I ran out of blogging time. Thankfully things have settled down a little and I have a chance to update everyone on whats be going on our new life in Washington DC.

Exactly one month ago, today, we drove 7 hours south of Syracuse to our new home in Washington DC. We moved into a basement apartment in the home of a wonderful young family. We're just a few miles from downtown DC in a community called Crystal City. Although it is about half the size of our last apartment it is much newer. We love it!

This is the main living area and kitchen.

View from the kitchen.

I found this bed broken in the basement of our last apartment and begged Ben to let me take it with us. When we got to DC I repaired it and put it back together. I think it turned out nice. Its the first bed we've had since we got married 2 years ago.


This is the angle of Ben that I've seen most this summer.
He basically studies all day and half the night!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Way cute apartment!! Where's the guest room???

Brianna said...

How fun. I am glad you are liking DC. This is where you started and ended:) My sister Ashley is living there too. We will have to get together some time.

Dan said...

Well, at least it is Ben's better side... ;)

The Tolboe family said...

Your apartment looks amazing. I remember when we helped you move in. You did a good job. I can't wait to see it in person... maybe one day!

Cort said...

cute place Kacher's! I hope you guys are doing well.